This week was one of frustration. CoreData filtering and sorting is far more annoying than I had anticipated. I still do not have the functionality in the app working yet. On a brighter note though, I do now have a look for the overall theme that I like. The goal was to create a scheme that would work well in low light levels to suit the desired atmosphere developers seem to favor.
Tools I used
- Xcode 8 IDE and compiler.
- Tower Git client.
- Ulysses Text editor
- iPad Pro For testing
I have started a side project to solely explore CoreData some more and get the results I am looking for; it also enables me to play a little more without having to worry about my apps code base. Yes, I could have created a Git branch, but I want the code to be clean and allow me to only focus on the things I need to understand CoreData better.
Last Weeks Checklist
Let’s see how much of what I planned got done.
- ~~Finish work on the language list management.~~
- Design / Plan a search and filtering system for notes.
- Provide options on the display order of notes.
In the coming week, here is my planned progression.
- Start work on the user on-boarding experience.
Follow My Progress
You can follow my progress via the following
- Twitter: @CompileSwift
- Github: 100 Days of Code Repository
- Github: Application Repository
- Medium: Compile Swift Publication
- On my web site as I blog my weekly progress
If you are working on the #100DaysOfCode, I’d love to hear your thoughts and reports.