Freeter is a cross-platform dashboard style application. Think of it as a way to group tools, commands, scripts, and windows that you use in your workflows all in one place.
Let me give you an example to maybe explain it better. To work and manage a Web site I might do these things on a regular basis, with some of them needing to be always available.
- Web page showing traffic analysis.
- Web page showing AdSense stats.
- Web page with administration board of the site.
- Web email client.
- File listing on my locally hosted test version.
- Quick sFTP access.
- Notes that I keep with site details.
- Web page monitoring server status.
- Remote source control monitoring.
- Quick access to code and image editors.
- Slack team.
All of these can be setup in Freeter.
This video will take you through getting configured for your first project to show how much of this is possible.