Freeter is a cross-platform dashboard style application. Think of it as a way to group tools, commands, scripts, and windows that you use in your workflows all in one place.
You can find part 2 here.
Let me give you an example to maybe explain it better. To work and manage a Web site I might do these things on a regular basis, with some of them needing to be always available.
- Web page showing traffic analysis.
- Web page showing AdSense stats.
- Web page with administration board of the site.
- Web email client.
- File listing on my locally hosted test version.
- Quick sFTP access.
- Notes that I keep with site details.
- Web page monitoring server status.
- Remote source control monitoring.
- Quick access to code and image editors.
- Slack team.
All of these can be setup in Freeter.
This video will take you through getting configured for your first project to show how much of this is possible.