It is so important to have you’re own domain name and Web site. Especially if you are thinking of building a brand or e-commerce. In this episode, I am going to give you very good reasons why you need to do this and not use a third party as you’re home on the Web.
– It will always be there for as long as you keep it alive.
– You get to control how it looks and all other aspects of the site.
– You are free to change your mind at any time and take it in another direction.
– You are not relying on a service that might go paid or disappear at some point. For example, many of the social networks that now no longer exist.
– You are not dependent on a third party company and their privacy rules and how they use your data.
– Users know exactly where to find you.
– You can use the site and domain as a jumping point to anywhere else you want to direct people.
– You can use services to see metrics and learn from your users what is working and what is not. This is invaluable data.
– You can gather user information via forms and/or emails and start a two-way conversation.
– If you decide to sell goods or services, you are free to implement that the way you want it to be.
– You are not forced to display advertising or other distractions based on the desires of another company.
– You get to provide the experience to visitors and potential customers exactly the way you want it to be.
Support this Podcast and my other work on Patreon, I would very much appreciate it.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you like this episode, please check out others at The Life Creative Podcast.
Or click the link to your favorite Podcast player.